Every kid loves to eat their favorite snacks. But, as a parent, it is essential to give them healthy food. There are more varieties of snacks available in the market, but not all of them are healthy. So, to decide the best pick, you can go for the dried fruits, as it is healthier and does not have any negative impact on your kids. Among the dry fruits, dried apricots are a delicious and practical snack.
Apricots are available year-round in fresh, spreads, dried, or canned. Whether consumed fresh or dried, apricots provide a variety of health advantages and nutrients. It is one of the best fruits which is rich in antioxidants. So, it is vital to choose these apricots that do not have added sugar to enjoy their nutritional value. It is rich in protein, minerals, and dietary fiber.
- It contains soluble fiber which aids in lowering blood cholesterol.
- The presence of potassium in these fruits makes effective in the reduction of blood pressure levels.
- You can enjoy the cardiovascular benefits, as the apricot is rich in anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is rich in beta carotene, which aids in protecting your eyesight.
- Regular consumption of these nuts will help in reducing the possibilities of neuro diseases like Parkinson’s, Prion, and Alzheimer’s.
- It also prevents you from the damages of cancer-causing cells.
Food allergies to apricots are uncommon. So, when consuming these dried apricots, if you have symptoms such as skin rashes, vomiting, swelling, or shortness of breath, consult your doctor.
You can get these products at supermarkets, farmer’s markets, or retails stores. During the summer and spring, you can get fresh apricots. Choose fresh apricots that are uniformly bright orange. Yellow or plate fruit is not yet ripe, so avoid it. Apricots need to be slightly tender to the touch but firm. Fruit with bruises, mold, or blemishes should be avoided.